US Open 2021 Finals- Prize money: Emma Raducanu and Leylah Fernandez have already created history by entering the finals of the US Open 2021. It will be the only 8th match between two teenagers at the US Open in the Open era and the first since 1999. Last time Serena Williams had defeated Martina Hingis 6-3, 7-6. Both Raducanu, 18, and Fernandez, who turned 19 this week, were yet to be born then.
Now, they are all geared up to land the biggest paycheque of their careers besides a silverware and trophy in the ultimate battle. The highly-anticipated battle will take place on Sunday, September 12. The winner of the contest will take away as many as 2.5 million USD (Rs 18.3 crore) while the runner-up with finish with Rs 9.15 crore.
Raducanu had previously earned a paycheque of 181,000 pounds at Wimbledon by making it to the last 16 but left the match in between amid a walkover due to a medical emergency.
According to the Sun, Raducanu is the first British woman to reach the major singles final for 44 years. On the other hand, Fernandez is the only fourth Canadian woman in the Open Era to advance to the last four at a Grand Slam.
Emma Raducanu 🆚 Leylah Fernandez for the #USOpen title 🏆
This is the first men’s or women’s major final featuring unseeded players since the Open Era began in 1968. pic.twitter.com/C0zUxfOP7r
— ESPN (@espn) September 10, 2021
US Open 2021 Finals- Prize money- Singles:
19-year-old Leylah Fernandez’s fairytale run continues, beats Sabalenka to reach US Open final
British teen Emma Raducanu creates history, reaches US Open final after 6-1, 6-4 win over Maria Sakkari
Leylah Fernandez vs Emma Raducanu LIVE: 10 Things you need to know about US Open 2021 Final
- Emma Raducanu has dropped just 27 games in 12 main-draw sets. She has 18 consecutive sets.
- She is the first Qualifier ever to reach a Grand Slam final in Open era.
- Raducanu joins Pam Shriver (1978), Venus Williams (1997) and Bianca Andreescu(2019) as the fourth player to have played the final on her US Open main draw debut.
- Only Bianca Andreescu, who defeated Serena Williams for the title two years ago in Flushing Meadows, has claimed the US Open title on her debut.
- A win in the final would see Raducanu jump to 24th in the rankings, a massive climb after starting the hardcourt major ranked 150th in the world.
- Fernandez, ranked No. 73, has now taken down three Top 5 players en route to the title tilt.
- It will be the only 8th match between two teenagers at the US Open in the Open era and first since 1999. Last time Serena Williams had defeated Martina Hingis 6-3, 7-6. Both Raducanu, 18, and Fernandez, who turned 19 this week, were yet to be born then.
- Fernandez is the only fourth Canadian woman in the Open Era to advance to the last four at a Grand Slam. She has followed the footsteps of Eugenie Bouchard, Bianca Andreescu and Bassett-Seguso.
US Open 2021 Finals LIVE streaming: How to watch Emma Raducanu vs Leylah Fernandez
US Open 2021 Finals- Prize money- Doubles (each team):
US Open 2021 FINALS LIVE: Leylah Fernandez vs Emma Raducanu
Who is Leylah Fernandez?
Who is Emma Raducanu?
For more sports news and US Open 2021 Final LIVE updates, follow us at insidesport.co