The team with no name is entering an era that will define it.
The Football Team by way of Washington turned things around quick under first-year coach Ron Rivera in 2020, winning the NFC East for the first time since 2015, and proving that they may be a bit closer to competing for a title than many thought.
While the Team finished at 7-9, Washington navigated serious quarterback issues throughout the season, leading to the release of former first-round pick Dwayne Haskins. Now, with Ryan Fitzpatrick at the helm, the Team is out to prove that the 2020 season was no fluke.
With eight picks in the 2021 NFL Draft — including four in the top 100 — Washington is ushering in a new competitive era of football that could make them the team to beat heading into 2021.
Here is a complete list of Washington Football Team draft picks in the 2021 NFL Draft, updated as selections are made.
MORE NFL DRAFT: Complete 7-round mock | Top 100 big board
WFT draft picks 2021: When does Washington pick?
- Round 1: Pick No. 19 (19th overall)
- Round 2: Pick No. 19 (51st overall)
- Round 3: Pick No. 10 from 49ers (74th overall)
- Round 3: Pick No. 19 (82nd overall)
- Round 4: Pick No. 19 (124th overall)
- Round 5: Pick No. 19 (163rd overall)
- Round 7: Pick No. 17 (244th overall)
- Round 7: Pick No. 19 (246th overall)
Washington Football Team 2021 draft order
|3||10 (from 49ers)|
|7||17 (from Raiders)|
WFT NFL Draft needs
- Quarterback: Ryan Fitzpatrick, no matter how many times he goes through the Fitzpatrick Cycle, is not the long-term answer at quarterback for any team at this stage in his career. With five first-round QB prospects this year, it’s hard to see a team where the WFT doesn’t check in on at least one of them.
- Left tackle: After Trent Williams trade to the 49ers last year, the Niners need to find a way to shore up the left side of the line. With a few veritible first-round talents potentially available with their first-round pick, expect Washington to find a way to address the line with their first pick.
- Running back: Antonio Gibson had a heck of a rookie year for Washington last year, with 795 yards over 14 games. They released running back Bryce Love, a 2019 fourth-round pick, mid-April. Washington doesn’t have immediate pressing issues, with a very good pass rush and secondary, making a backfield pick something of a luxury.
Washington Football Team mock draft 2021
Here are the latest 2021 NFL Draft projections for the Washington Football Team, according to Vinnie Iyer’s seven-round mock draft.
|1||19||Christian Darrisaw||OT||Virginia Tech|
|3||74 (from SF)||Chazz Surratt||LB||UNC|
|5||163||Cade Johnson||WR||South Dakota State|
|7||244 (from LV)||Bryan Mills||CB||North Carolina Central|